March is 14 years that i have been a type 1 diabetic. In that time i have struggled. I didn’t always talk about the fact i had diabetes. But I didn’t really hide it. There were times i did try to ignore it, but that didn’t always work out for me. Then the times i work really hard, it would kick my butt. Also not having any health insurance didn’t help.
It’s not something I would always touch on much, but I’m a Type 1 Diabetic for the last 13 years. I found out at 18 in March of 2008. I have struggled so much since then and it has taken me until now to make peace with it. In those years I didn’t always have the best control but I would do the very basics, carb count-not always accurately, took insulin-not always on time, checked my blood sugar-only to eat and just winged it lot of times. It was a mess. My A1C was always high, were talking 8-9 when we should be under 7-6. Right now it’s a 9.4. Yikes.
Hard to be live we are all ready in September! August was a good month for me, it was my birthday month. Can you believe I turned 31? Nope I can’t! Here is a list of some of my favorites in August.
I drink this everyday, I fill up my 24oz reusable starbucks tumbler. Each tablet is the equivalent of one full serving of greens & veggies and 100% DV Vitamins B1, B12, C, E. This is a great way to get all of your greens, veggies and get that water in.
- Kindle unlimited – If you are a big reader this is a must. They don’t have every single book available for unlimited but they do have a huge selection to choose from. It’s like a library but without the due dates. You can only take 10 out at a time but it is so worth it.
- Quip– Who would of thought a toothbrush subscription would be my favorite. Honestly it’s one of the best one we have. Every three months we get new new brush heads for our toothbrush’s in the mail and swap out the old for the new. I never have to guess when was the last time we changed our toothbrushes. It’s a really great subscription. I do have a referral code to save you some money and myself if you go through my link here.
- Flutter Habit– I recently discovered flutter habit about 4 months ago and have been wearing them since. They are faux mink lashes that go under your natural lashes and they last for about 5 days and can be reused. Flutter habit has a variety of styles to choose from, short and natural, wispy, full and dramatic. You can either have a subscription or purchase as you want. I have had so many people asking where I get my lashes done, and I have to laugh when I tell them I do them my self. It blows their minds.
- Chewy– Every month I have our order of cat food and litter delivered to my door and we never run out. It’s a great service.
- Amazon Fresh– Another great service from amazon. I love that I can food shop with out leaving our apartment, since we only have the one car. So while my husband is at work and I have a day off, I will order our groceries and have them delivered within a few hours. It’s awesome.
My skin care routine has changed since the last time I wrote about it. So I suffer from hormonal acne and it sucks. I have two weeks every month with no active zits, then the other two weeks I have angry red painful cystic zits along my cheeks, chin and jaw. Seems every time I schedule an appointment with my dermatologist it gets canceled or rescheduled. Because of that I have recently started using a custom cream made just for me by curology for my acne. I really try to keep it basic and not over complicate it. Less is more. For awhile I kept it very basic and only washed, tone and moisturize. I then slowly added a few products in and feel I’m at a good spot and not over doing it.
On top of my morning and night routine I also use three other products that are great for all over health. Amazing Grass Effervescent Tablets: Green Superfood to get your daily veggies and 8oz of water. I also use their GLOW Vegan Collagen Support with Biotin and Plant Based Protein Powder. I really like the chocolate rose for the glow protein powder, I like to add it to almond or soy milk. The third is water. Make sure to drink lots of water, your skin will love it and so will the rest of your body.
Kopari Beauty Coconut Rose Toner – Feels refreshing and hydrating.
Cevra AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 – Ceramides 1, 3 and 6-II – help restore protective skin barrier. Niacinamide – helps calm skin. Hyaluronic Acid – helps retain skin’s moisture.
Make-up Removing Cloths 4 Count, Erase Your Face– I use just water and remove the makeup with these cloths.
Pafica Sea Foam Wash– After using water and the makeup cloths I use a very gentle face wash, I also use the makeup cloths to wipe away the face wash.
Kopari Beauty Coconut Rose Toner -use again at night.
Bio Oil – Can be used for scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging skin, dehydrated skin, after sun treatment & bath oil.
Curology – Curology is an online service that customises prescription-strength skincare for you. Right now my custom formula has Azelaic Acid, Clindamycin and Niacinamide.
Bliss Bright Idea Vitamin C + Tri-Peptide Collagen Protecting & Brightening Moisturizer – Collagen-protecting duo that works synergistically to further brighten and protect elasticity.
Pacifica Overnight Mask– Very moisturizing if I’m feeling dry or after a face mask.
Aztec Clay– Once a week. Deep cleans the skin.
The Ordinary Retinol– every other day. Helps speed up the cell turnover rate. Many benefits for your skin.
Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion – when ever a zit pops up.
Water -Throughout the day as needed