Anyone one who has an essential oil diffuser knows they should clean the diffuser at lest monthly. No? That’s okay because I didn’t either, it wasnt untill one day I went to add oils into the one in our bedroom and notice it was very dirty inside and thought, hmm I should clean this. But I didn’t know how to. So I did some research (meaning Pinterest and google) and found a very easy way to clean my diffusers.
In order to keep you diffuser to run well you should wipe it out after each use and letting it air dry. You can run some lemon oil in your diffuser for a bit and it will make wiping out the inside much easier. Some diffusers don’t use water and you can still clean it by rinsing the nozzle and wiping it clean.
But first before you start cleaning make sure of what kind diffuser you have since there are so many different kinds out there.
- Turn off your diffuser.
- Fill the water reservoir halfway to the line with clean water.
- Add 10 drops of white vinegar to the water reservoir.
- Turn it on and let run for 3-5 minutes, allowing the vinegar to run through.
- Drain the water reservoir completely.
- Wipe down the edges of the reservoir and the ultrasonic mist chip at the bottom.
- Rinse the water reservoir with clean water.
This method of cleaning works well with the diffuser’s that I own. I hope this helps anyone with a diffuser who was unsure how to clean one or didnt know they should!