- Twitter- My blog has exploded by using twitter. I started this blog in March/April of 2017 and got some traffic and didn’t start using twitter until July 2017. The amount of traffic i get now just from twitter is unreal. Twitter chats and RT accounts are super helpful for connecting to other bloggers. I recommend joining a twitter chat just 1-2 a week and see for your self.
- Hootsuite – This has been really helpful getting word out about my blog and my Twitter RT account. I can tell the difference on my blog when I don’t have it setup for day. I use Hootsuite to schedule tweets for my Twitter & RT account Blogging Bees RT. I love that I can have all three under one and manage them in one place.
- Planner– A planner is really helpful in planning blog post, tracking views and so much more. I use a happy planner and I plan out the blog posts I would like to write-up and schedule any posts for my blog and twitter.
- Photo Editing Software– Snapseed is a great app for editing photos, best part its free. I have it on my phone and iPad. I wish they had it for desktop/laptop. I love Adobe Spark. I think I make all of my blog titles in adobe spark. They have a mobile app and desktop version. Both are free. Canva is anther great app that can be used for photo editing. You can use canva on mobile and desktop, but with mobile I find a little tricky at times.
- Camera– Most of the time I use my phone camera on my iPhone 11 for convenience. Even though I have a really nice Nikon COOLPIX P520. I really need to break that bad boy out again and use it more often. You don’t need a fancy camera. If you only have a cell phone then that’s okay. Or if you’re not into taking pictures for your blog that okay too.
- Computer/tablet– You need ether one to write blog posts on. I know a few bloggers who write only on a phone because that’s all they have and that okay too. What ever works for you. I myself use my MacBook pro and my iPod pro. Sometime I will use my husbands Chromebook that we bought last year at tax time for under $200 at walmart, which if I didn’t have my MacBook or iPad, I would have bought one for myself. The battery life is now better than my MacBook. I’m jealous.
A little more about myself. Let’s see, I am 27, married, a virgo, type 1 diabetic, has a college degree in art and was homeschooled from 5th grade to high school. I have 4 siblings and I’m the oldest, I don’t look my age at all. Everyone always thinks I’m younger than I look and no it’s not the blue hair. I am also from the midwest.
Fall is one of my favorite times of the year next summer, I would have to say they are both at a tie. The last time I did any kind of autumn post was last October, which you can read here. No one tagged me I saw this on Zombie Goddess Beauty and I thought this was a cool tag to do for fall.
1. What signifies the start of Autumn to you? In the last few weeks of august it starts to become hazy also when I start seeing the leaves change.
2. What are you most excited about for Fall? Leaves changing colors, pumpkins, sweaters, fall smelling candles & wax melts, leather jackets (faux), boots and cooler weather. Basically everything.
3. Name one place you want to visit this Autumn. The parks to take photos of the leaves changing color.
4. What is one item on your Autumn Bucket List? Going to the pumpkin farm and taking our niece (5) and nephew (1 and a half) to pick out pumpkins.
5. What is the best way to spend a rainy day? Reading. I don’t read as much as I would like.
6. What gets you into the fall spirit? Fall candles!
7. Describe your ideal fall day. Enjoy the crisp air and taking photos.
8. What TV show are you most excited about this fall? Supernatural! Cant believe they are on their 14th season, also Riverdale & AHS.
9. What are you being for Halloween/What were you this Halloween? I haven’t dressed up in a couple of years now, but the last time i was cat. I know very original.
10. What is the Fall weather like where you live? I live in South Eastern Wisconsin near Lake Michigan. Be prepared to experience all 4 seasons in one day. During fall it can be 50 degrees at night and 80+during the day. Gotta love Wisconsin.
11. What changes do you look forward to in Autumn? Wearing boots, sweaters and fall color makeup.
12. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype? Honestly I tired my fist pumpkin spice latte last fall. Its good but I don’t think its all the hype.
13. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Autumn? Cooler weather and fall colors.
14. What is your go-to an autumnal beauty product? A must-have staple. Berry color nail polish.
15. Do you have any Autumn traditions? We go to a pumpkin farm every year.
16. The moment of truth, is Autumn your favourite season? It’s a tie between summer, only because my birthday is August 31st.
17. Do you decorate your room/home for autumn? Yes I decorate with pumpkins, fake flowers and leaves, owls and candles.
18. Do you have any fall pet peeves/something you dislike about fall? Honestly i not a fan on cold waether but i do like the cooler and warmish fall days, like 60-70 degrees. Perfect.
1. What is your favourite Autumnal Colour? A berry wine color.
2. What is your favourite Fall Scent? Apple Pumpkin
3. What is your favourite Autumn Candle? Bath and body works Apple pumpkin
4. What is your favourite Fall Fashion Item? Sweaters and boots. Booties or tall. All of them.
5. What is your favourite Fall Accessory? Beanies
6. What is your favourite Autumn Lip Colour? Queen B by Too faced.
7. What is your favourite Fall Nail Polish? Lincoln Park after dark by OIP
8. What is your favourite Autumnal Drink? Salted caramel anything.
9. What is your favourite Fall Treat? Cinnamon raisin bread.
10. What is your favourite Fall Flavour? Cinnamon anything
11. What is your favourite Thanksgiving Food? Sweet potatoes
12. What is your favourite Halloween Candy? Caremal Apples
13. What is your favourite Fall/Halloween Song? This is halloween from The nightmare before Christmas
14. What is your favourite Fall/Halloween Film? The nightmare before Christmas
15. What is your favourite Autumn Makeup Look? Any berry or bronze shades and purple hair.
16. What is your favourite Autumn Beauty Trend this year? I think its still early to tell.
17. What is your favourite Fall Fashion Trend this year? Burnt oranges, reds and golds.
18. What is your favourite/Most Worn Sweater/Jumper? Grey destressed sweater for Rue 21 a few years ago.
19. What is your favourite Autumn Memory?
20. What is your favourite photo you’ve taken in Fall? It would have to bee these.
21. What is your favourite Autumn activity? Picking out pumpkins
22. What is your favourite Halloween costume you’ve ever worn? It would have to be belle, from beauty and the beast when i was a kid
AUTUMN THIS OR THAT:
1. Apple Picking or Pumpkin Patch? Pumpkin patch
2. Football Games or Nature Walk? Nature walk
3. Halloween or Thanksgiving? Halloween
4. Bat Wing Sleeves or Cat Eye Eyeshadow? Cat eye shadow
5. Dark Lips or Winged Liner? Wing liner
6. Apple stuff or Pumpkin stuff? Apple stuff
7. Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice? Cinnamon
8. Coffee, Tea, Hot Cocoa or Apple Cider? Coffee
9. Jeans, Leggings or Skirts/Shorts w/Tights? Jeans
10. Beanie or Hair Scarf? Beanie
11. Infinity Scarf or Body Wrap? Infinity Scarf
12. Booties or Knee High Boots? Booties
13. Flats or Wedges? Flats
14. Flannels or Jumpers/Sweaters? Flannel
15. Hair up in bun/ponnie tail or Hair Down? Down
16. Fairy Lights or Candles? Candles
17. Scary Movie or Haunted House? Scary Movie
18. Apple Bobbing or Making Apple Pie? Making Apple Pie
19. DIY Halloween Costume or DIY House Decorations? DIY House Decorations
20. Pop of Orange or Pop of Yellow in your wardrobe? Pop of Yellow
1. What signifies the start of Autumn to you?
2. What are you most excited about for Fall?
3. Name one place you want to visit this Autumn.
4. What is one item on your Autumn Bucket List?
5. What is the best way to spend a rainy day?
6. What gets you into the fall spirit?
7. Describe your ideal fall day.
8. What TV show are you most excited about this fall?
9. What are you being for Halloween/What were you this Halloween?
10. What is the Fall weather like where you live?
11. What changes do you look forward to in Autumn?
12. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?
13. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Autumn?
14. What is your go-to an autumnal beauty product? A must-have staple.
15. Do you have any Autumn traditions?
16. The moment of truth, is Autumn your favourite season?
17. Do you decorate your room/home for autumn?
18. Do you have any fall pet peeves/something you dislike about fall?
1. What is your favourite Autumnal Colour?
2. What is your favourite Fall Scent?
3. What is your favourite Autumn Candle?
4. What is your favourite Fall Fashion Item?
5. What is your favourite Fall Accessory?
6. What is your favourite Autumn Lip Colour?
7. What is your favourite Fall Nail Polish?
8. What is your favourite Autumnal Drink?
9. What is your favourite Fall Treat?
10. What is your favourite Fall Flavour?
11. What is your favourite Thanksgiving Food?
12. What is your favourite Halloween Candy?
13. What is your favourite Fall/Halloween Song?
14. What is your favourite Fall/Halloween Film?
15. What is your favourite Autumn Makeup Look?
16. What is your favourite Autumn Beauty Trend this year?
17. What is your favourite Fall Fashion Trend this year?
18. What is your favourite/Most Worn Sweater/Jumper?
19. What is your favourite Autumn Memory?
20. What is your favourite photo you’ve taken in Fall?
21. What is your favourite Autumn activity?
22. What is your favourite Halloween costume you’ve ever worn?
AUTUMN THIS OR THAT:
1. Apple Picking or Pumpkin Patch?
2. Football Games or Nature Walk?
3. Halloween or Thanksgiving?
4. Bat Wing Sleeves or Cat Eye Eyeshadow?
5. Dark Lips or Winged Liner?
6. Apple stuff or Pumpkin stuff?
7. Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice?
8. Coffee, Tea, Hot Cocoa or Apple Cider?
9. Jeans, Leggings or Skirts/Shorts w/Tights?
10. Beanie or Hair Scarf?
11. Infinity Scarf or Body Wrap?
12. Booties or Knee High Boots?
13. Flats or Wedges?
14. Flannels or Jumpers/Sweaters?
15. Hair up in bun/ponnie tail or Hair Down?
16. Fairy Lights or Candles?
17. Scary Movie or Haunted House?
18. Apple Bobbing or Making Apple Pie?
19. DIY Halloween Costume or DIY House Decorations?
20. Pop of Orange or Pop of Yellow in your wardrobe?
The three main household toxins of concern are:
These carcinogenic chemicals are used in the manufacturing of synthetic substances and materials and are off-gased from new materials for some time (up to several years, depending on the material of product in question). Benzene can also be emitted from gas ranges during use, making some types of houseplants below great for use in the kitchen.
This means these types of houseplants may just decrease your risk of cancers, asthma, allergies, auto-immune disorders and other diseases.
Tips for Choosing and Caring for Your Plants
Below you’ll find the common name and its benefit to you and your home and a few ideas of the type of care it needs.
Along with a corresponding photo and the following tips, you can decide which plant is best for your home.
- Choose one 10- to 12-inch potted plant per 100 square foot of your home for the most effective air purification.
- Cross-reference several care guides to check for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Because common names can very, be sure to cross-reference the botanical name of any plant you get to ensure it will do the job you need it to do.
- Consider where you might place your plants and the amount of sun they will receive to ensure your plant will thrive in that area.
- Make note of the water needed and write it on a calendar so that you can keep the watering schedules balanced.
- Periodically dust the leaves of each plant with a damp cloth to ensure proper absorption of air particles and toxins.
- Keep their soil replenished with rich compost or compost tea. Avoid non-organic or synthetic fertilizers.
- Whenever possible, capture rainwater for your plants. All types of houseplants thrive best with natural sources of water.
IMPORTANT: Please note that these houseplants are good for purifying air, but that doesn’t mean they are safe for pets or kids who like to put things in their mouth. Check out this list for more details, read the descriptions of each plant, and do some research on any plant you bring into your home.
The Snake Plant, or Mother-in-Law’s Tongue,
One of the most recommended plants for improving air quality. Mother-in-Law’s Tongue is known as “the bedroom plant.” While most plants take away oxygen at night, this one gives off oxygen at night. The plant also filters formaldehyde, trichloroethylene, xylene, toluene, and benzene from the air.
Known for removing formaldahyde and known generally as one of the houseplants that clean the air.
Not only can it be used for burns on the skin, it is also known to remove formaldahyde from the air.
It’s known for removing the chemical benzene, a known carcinogen found in cigarette smoke, detergents, pesticides, and the off-gasing of other synthetic materials, is said to be fantastic for asthma and allergies and also removes formaldehyde.
NASA places this plant among the top 3 types of houseplants great for removing formaldhyde. Also known for removing carbon monoxide and increasing general indoor air quality.
Also noted by NASA among the best tyoes of houseplants for removing formaldahyde, especially higher concentrations.
NASA places this plant among the top 3 types of houseplants that are great at removing formaldahyde. Also removes carbon monoxide and other toxins or impurities.
On my work days I keep it to a minimal where as non work days I might use a bit more products or do more with my eyes and face, like eyeliner, contour and highlight. I won’t be talking about eyeshadow or fake lashes today because I don’t were them daily. I do go through phases where I like to wear lashes for a week then I don’t for a few weeks. Most of the products are from ulta or amazon, there are a few that I received from boxycharm. I try to keep affordable items in my makeup bag but I like trying the more “expensive” items form boxycharm.
On the days were I just feel like I need to cover a few areas I will just use my Conceal & Define Full Coverage Concealer from Makeup Revolution.
I have been really liking my Tarte Big Ego Mascara. It doesn’t flake and makes a difference in my lashes verses I mascara. Also the Better than Sex by Too Faced is nice too. Both mascara’s I received from boxycharm.
Non work days
I reach for my Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Full Coverage Foundation. I like how sits on my skin, not cakey or dry. I prefer using a makeup sponge when applying.
The Roller Liner by Benefit Cosmetics is a great liner. The felt tip makes it very easy to go from thin to thick lines and doesn’t smudge. I also like Nyx Epic Ink Liner only this one is a bit more wet when you apply.
A few months back in a boxycharm I received the Tarte Tarteist™ PRO glow cheek palette V3, it has two blushes, contour and highlights. It’s perfect for traveling and compact and saves space in my makeup bag.