So we are now reaching another new year, and most people are making Resolutions or goals for the new year. My list of goals is nothing crazy or to hard to do, and I don’t think I did a bad job in 2018. I mainly wanted to make a list of things I want to improve on in 2019. Which you can read here, about what they where. So here is a list of things I would like to change or work towards in 2019.
- No soda. The only time I really have soda, which is diet, is when we go out to eat or sometimes when I’m at work. We don’t normally buy it.
- Eat Cleaner. Just be healthy. Make smarter choices. I don’t normally eat a lot of sweets , since I am a type one diabetic.
- Workout. According to my Fitbit the days I work I get in about 20,000 steps in a day. I would still like to add a minimum of 3 days of yoga or some type of workout.
- Drink even more water. I have been filling up my 16oz bottle 1-2 times a day. So I would like to add filling it up one more time through out the day.
- Essential oils. I have so many and I really should use them more in my diffuser. They are so nice if I don’t want to burn a candle and or i want to fall asleep to and are something that I really enjoy.
- Read 19 books for 2018. I hit my goal for 2018, which was to read 18 books.
- GROW MY HAIR OUT. NO MORE PIXIE. I was so close to hitting my goal in the summer and then I found scissors.
- Read tarot daily. The last few months I have been slacking. Right now I am blaming the holidays.
- Utilize my planners more, I would love to fill them up completely. I really want to be able to look through them next year.
- Journal everyday. Big or small.
- Create more. I hardly did any art in 2018. Very sad , and I have so many ideas.
- Blog once a week. I haven’t been doing a bad job so far and I think once a week works well for me, sometimes if I have the time I post twice a week.
- Get 500 followers on Instagram. I have been stuck around 400-440 since summer of 2017! I feel I post more to my stories, I don’t seem to get the likes I use to get. Also I’m not sure what direction to go with my feed. Keeping it personal or keep a theme.
- More constituent schedule with the Blogging RT account I run on twitter, BloggingBeesRT. So far we have over 1000 followers twitter and I am hoping to grow it even more!
So those are my goals for 2019! I would love to read any goals that you might have!
Its a new month and here are my November goals!
Surpass Octobers views
Honestly ever since I had let my domain expire in march I have been struggling with views. I was roughly getting anywhere between 500- 1500 views a month. Now I barely get 100-200. Which is insane. Since buying a domain again, my hope is that I get back where I was last year and earlier this year.
No Spend November
Alright we did this last year so we could move from downtown Milwaukee to the suburbs and we need to do this again this year. Well, we don’t need to but I want to. Our bank account would like it and I would like new car tires and a washer/dryer combo by tax time. Yes, we could use our taxes for that but we don’t want to use all of it on that. We would like to save a good deal of it and maybe even put a nice chunk down on our car to speed up the payments. We are already paying it off six months early, because we do split payments. Plus we have a trip coming up in January/February.
Just being more consistent with everything. I hardly did anything in September but October was better, 2 out of 4 weeks. But November needs to be better. Period.
Read the books I have and stop buying new ones
Easy enough to understand. I keep buying new ones and not finishing the ones I have. I need to stop. Please someone stop me.
One blog post a week min
Some months I’m really good at blogging and keeping up and some months not so much. I try to stay two weeks, ideally a month ahead but life happens.
More Consistent with @bloggingbeesrt
In case you didn’t know I run Bloggingbeesrt on twitter, which is a RT account. Basically you tag or mention Bloggingbeesrt and I RT you. Very simple. I am still fine tuning daily threads, so please bear with me. I do run it my self.
So for October I was planning to a thirty day workout challenge and didn’t. I got a really bad chest cold at that time and I’m still dealing with the cough but there “nothing” wrong with me. Um okay, bye Felicia.
I would love to hear what your goals are!
If you don’t know it but twitter is my blogs best friend. When I started my blog in March of 2017 it got some traffic but not as much until I joined twitter in July. My blog BOOMED with traffic, it was unreal. Since then I have been using twitter regularly since. I get way more engagement then I ever did. Basically everyday I check twitter at lest once, either morning or at night. If it’s a day off from work then I pop on and off throughout the day. Also every couple of days or so I check my buffer and rebuffed tweets if need be. I am constantly recycling my blog posts on Twitter. I also belong to 2 twitter retweet accounts. One I co-manage and one I created and own. Plus I follow other retweet accounts on twitter and tag them in my tweets. They help so much. I know for a fact that if I didn’t tag or mention them, my blog would not get the exposure that I do.
On my twitter, sunburntaloe every Wednesday I have a WordPress Wednesday Follow Thread. Then on Friday I have a Follow Friday Thread. I have these set up on buffer so they are automatically sent out and saves me so much time during the week. I can not say how much I love buffer. I only wish I could add more then one twitter account to the free plan. Since I manage my own plus three others.
For my retweet accounts that I manage, I have been using Hootsuite mainly to set up and schedule tweets. For my retweet account that I own, Bloggingbeesrt I normally have a blogger train during the week. Then for the retweet account I help manage, Blissbloggers I promote our Facebook page and will also have a blogger train at some point during the week.
I also help manage my moms twitter gypsysoulseed , she finds twitter to be a bit overwhelming at times. So I also use Hootsuite for her account plus the two retweet accounts. I mainly make sure her blog posts are being scheduled and tweeted. Before I took over her twitter for her, she got traffic to her blog but not as much as she does now. Again that’s because we are promoting her blog posts and using retweeting accounts not just the ones I manage but also others.
Here are some reasons why twitter is my blogs best friend.
- Retweet accounts -They are a awesome way to promote and get the exposure for your blog. Also you meet and connect with other bloggers that are out there. I have found many favorite bloggers because of these accounts. Plus some accounts will have chats on set days and times.
- Follow trains- Follow trains are another way to find and connect with new blogs. Normally all you have to do is drop your link, follow others and retweet that tweet to keep that train moving. Again I have found som many favorite blogs this way.
- Twitter chats- I wish I could participate in more twitter chats but I feel most of the accounts I follow are in the UK area. So the time zones don’t really match. But I love joining and being part of the chats when I can.
If your already on twitter feel free to follow me and if you don’t that’s okay too. I hope you enjoyed reading!
Etsy – Facebook – Instagram – Twitter– Pinterest – Bloglovin